Good Project Management is hard.
It needs to cover all aspects. It isn't just about technology and may include resource backfill, specialist external help in certain areas, process/policy/procedure updates, testing and clear governance and control.
Good project management need to follow the following steps:
- Need for more rigour around Project Organization and roles and responsibilities.
- Need for improved stakeholder management and tracking versus desired outcomes.
- Poor project controls to track quality and progress for communication to stakeholders.
- Over-planning and too strict an adherence to project methodologies v pragmatism .
- Lack of understanding or focus on real business priorities and impact.
- Heavy reliance on resource that is running the day to day operations.